We currently have (1) open position:
Position: Visitor and Communications Coordinator
Reports to: Deputy Director General, St. Boniface Hospital, Fond-des-Blancs, Haiti and Chief Development Officer, St. Boniface Haiti Foundation, Newton, MA
The Visitor and Communications Coordinator is a volunteer position based in rural Fond-des-Blancs, Haiti. This position is responsible for duties related to the management of our hospital’s visitors’ residence, including coordinating logistics of transportation and accommodation needs for both in-country and international visitors.
The Visitor and Communications Coordinator will also assist with the visual documentation of SBHF’s programs, working in conjunction with the development team to create print stories, multimedia videos, and photos for our website and publications. As SBHF continues to grow, the Visitor and Communications Coordinator has the unique opportunity to become more involved in other logistical and programmatic aspects of efforts to improve health equity.
The minimum time commitment for this position is one year.
- Work on all volunteer coordination including scheduling, transportation and logistics.
- Train volunteers on SBHF’s mission ensure their visit to Haiti is a productive learning experience.
- Act as a single point of contact for volunteers and help resolve any issues as they may arise while they are in Haiti.
- Responsible for managing the day-to-day activity of the residence center in Fond-des-Blancs, Haiti, including housekeeping inspections, menu planning, reservations and logistics.
- Manage the residence staff including training and scheduling.
- Monitor supplies and request replenishments as needed.
- Observe food preparations to ensure US standards are met to prevent illness.
- Greet all guests and review residence rules and safe practices.
- Act as the liaison between all staff and guests.
- Respond to all building and maintenance issues within the residence and manage the follow-up to ensure all issues are resolved.
- Collect payments from visitors and manage receipts due. Report to the Director of Finance monthly guest stays and payments for proper financial reporting.
- Arrange logistics for visiting groups from abroad including transportation, translation services, scheduling activities, etc.
- Collect payments on any gift items sold and work with accounting to record these transactions.
- Photograph programs in action for use on SBHF’s website and other media (annual report, newsletters, Facebook, etc.).
- Develop stories as needed to be used in communications and appeals.
- Aid in in keeping social media accounts current including Facebook and Twitter.
- Assist the Chief Development Officer in compiling information for public relations dissemination.
- Assist the development team in the design of marketing materials as needed.
This position may also be required to participate in other projects as requested by the Deputy Director General and Chief Development Officer. Examples may include helping to monitor and evaluate a program, assisting in improving medical equipment tracking or designing process maps for different departments.
- University degree
- Previous experience working in hospitality or customer relations
- Demonstrated written and communication skills
- Fluency in French or Creole is a plus
- Enjoys cooking is a plus
- Photography experience is a plus
- Have the drive and desire to be a part of a non-profit organization and be willing to help as needed
- Must be flexible and adaptable to an ever changing environment in a developing country
- Be organized and able to multi-task
- Commitment to social justice
- Motivated to take initiative to address problems and inefficiencies that arise
- Room and board will be provided at the hospital residence in Fond-des-Blancs, Haiti
- Multinational health insurance
- Transportation to Haiti and return airfare as well
- Monthly Stipend
- One month vacation per a year
- Wireless internet available on the hospital campus
Applicants should send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications will be considered on a rolling basis, but accepted no later than April 15, 2015.
Please note that while we appreciate every candidate’s interest, only qualified applicants will be contacted.