Job Opening: Hospitality and Communications Coordinator
Reports to: Director General, St. Boniface Hospital, Fond-des-Blancs, Haiti and Development Manager, St. Boniface Haiti Foundation
The Hospitality and Communications Coordinator is a volunteer position. This position will be responsible for the reservations and management of our hospital’s visitors’ residence in rural Fond-des-Blancs, Haiti. This position will coordinate with visiting teams and other guests on transportation, accommodations and other group needs. They will also work with the development team to create print stories and other content including multimedia videos and photos for our website and publications, as well as coordinate visual documentation of SBHF’s programs in Haiti.
- Responsible for managing the day-to-day activity of the residence center in Fond-des-Blancs, Haiti, including housekeeping inspections, menu planning, reservations and logistics.
- Manage the residence staff including training and scheduling.
- Monitor supplies and request replenishments as needed.
- Observe food preparations to ensure US standards are met to prevent illness.
- Greet all guests and review residence rules and safe practices.
- Act as the liaison between all staff and guests.
- Respond to all building and maintenance issues within the residence and manage the follow-up to ensure all issues are resolved.
- Collect payments from visitors and manage receipts due. Report to the Director of Finance monthly guest stays and payments for proper financial reporting.
- Arrange logistics for visiting groups from abroad including transportation, translation services, scheduling activities, etc.
- Collect payments on any gift items sold and work with accounting to record these transactions.
- Work on all volunteer coordination including scheduling, transportation and logistics.
- Train volunteers on SBHF’s mission ensure their visit to Haiti is a productive learning experience.
- Act as a single point of contact for volunteers and help resolve any issues as they may arise while they are in Haiti.
- Photograph programs in action for the use on SBHF’s website and other media (annual report, newsletters, Facebook, etc.).
- Develop stories as needed to be used in communications and appeals.
- Aid in in keeping social media accounts current including Facebook and Twitter.
- Assist the Development Manager in compiling information for public relations dissemination.
- Assist the development team in the design of marketing materials as needed.
This position may also be required to participate in other projects as required by the Director General and Marketing Manager.
- University degree
- Previous experience working in hospitality or customer relations
- Demonstrated written and communication skills
- Fluency in French or Creole is a plus
- Enjoys cooking is a plus
- Photography experience is a plus
- Have the drive and desire to be a part of a non-profit organization and be willing to help as needed
- Must be flexible and adaptable to an ever changing environment in a developing country
- Be organized and able to multi-task
- Room and board will be provided at the hospital residence in Fond-des-Blancs, Haiti
- Multinational health insurance
- Transportation to Haiti and return airfare as well
- Monthly Stipend
- One month vacation per a year
- Wireless internet available on the hospital campus
Job Opening: Development Coordinator
Reporting to: Development Associate
The Development Coordinator works within the Resource Development Department and will primarily work with and report to the Development Associate to ensure that donor entry is accurate and timely, gift reports are accurate and that acknowledgment letters and stewardship material are at the highest standard and meet the strategic goals and requirements for SBHF. This position will also organize call time, briefing materials, and donor research as needed to facilitate fundraising call time for the President/CEO and the Development Associate.
- Manage donor database (currently Donor Perfect online) is accurate with addresses, and other data, produce reports, export data and ensure accurate data management
- Manage donor acquisition and renewal program, including printing and coordinating annual renewal letters, annual fund letters, and other solicitations, and analysis of response rate from various acquisition and renewal platforms, and generate donor reports as needed
- Helps coordinate donor trips
- Organizes travel logistics for Resource Development team
- Organize and manage donor-related events
- Ensure event information is recorded properly and accurately in database and on the SBHF website
- Contribute to discussions of fundraising needs/priorities and in prospect strategy/review sessions by making recommendations to help establish priorities, specifically action items and follow-up tasks.
- Become familiar with and research top prospects. Provide research summaries; and produce written reports on proposals and initiatives, as needed
- Facilitate the Development Associate’s and CEO/President’s call time: calls to major donors and prospects, and coordinate preparation of call sheets;
- Staff President/CEO during scheduled call time, communicate call time results and necessary follow-up to the Board and/or necessary SBHF Resource Development Staff, and update contact history in Donor Perfect.
- Handles logistics for subcontracted short-term communications specialists (photographers, videographers. Etc)
- Organizes and provides content for website, newsletter, constant contact, etc.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to meet deadlines
- Prior experience with office management and administration or other relevant experience
- Attention to details and recognition of appropriate level of specificity necessary to achieve desired outcome
- Flexibility to adapt to high-paced organization in a period of positive growth and change
- Outgoing and comfortable talking with people in person and on the phone
- Familiarity with donor and foundation research sites
- Experience working with volunteers
- Flexible work hours including occasional night or weekend hours for events
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Ability to juggle multiple priorities simultaneously and to take initiative
- Willingness to travel (domestically and internationally)
- High level of personal and professional integrity and trustworthiness
- Strong work ethic and require minimal direction
- A basic understanding the health sector both domestically and internationally as well as the international aid sector.
Bachelor degree is required.
All interested parties should send a resume and brief cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by March 15th. Applicants will be contacted only if chosen for an interview. Please write “Development Coordinator” in the subject line of your email. No phone inquiries will be accepted.