Position: Chief Development Officer
The Director of Development will be responsible for developing and implementing a fundraising strategy that fits the goals and objectives of the St. Boniface Haiti Foundation. This position will report to the President/CEO and will be responsible for ensuring that annual fundraising objectives are met for private donors and foundations. This position will be based at St. Boniface’s offices in Newton, MA and will be supported by St. Boniface’s existing Development Coordinator.
St. Boniface Mission Statement:
The St. Boniface Haiti Foundation is committed to helping those in need when no one else can. We work side-by-side with the people of Haiti to break the cycle of poverty and alleviate suffering through health care, education and community development. We work with compassion, respect and love for the people and communities we serve.
The St. Boniface Haiti Foundation will distinguish itself as a leader in redefining health care delivery, education and community development in Haiti. We will be recognized for our passion in providing quality care to the poorest of the poor in Haiti. We work toward the goal of building healthy, independent and self-sustaining communities.
- Oversees the process of setting fundraising objectives and work with the President/CEO, Board, and St. Boniface leadership team to design and implement a strategic plan to meet annual fundraising goals
- Closely monitors implementation of strategic plan to ensure that the organization reaches all fundraising objectives in a timely manner
- Works closely with President/CEO and other relevant stakeholders to ensure timely and appropriate follow-up with current and possible donors and donor organizations
- Responsible for managing and coaching all development staff and volunteers
- Oversees communications plan (annual report, website, social media, public relations, etc.) that informs donors of St. Boniface’s work
- Responsible for organizing donor events for St. Boniface including the annual event, donor dinners, and other relevant fundraising activities as needed
- Consistently researches and cultivates new donor opportunities for the organization
- Responsible for the oversight and management of Donor Perfect, St. Boniface’s donor tracking system, including record keeping, gift processing and acknowledgements
- Participates in potential donor trips to Haiti as needed
- Manage reporting deadlines to donors and ensure contracted deadlines are met
- Provides timely and comprehensive fundraising reports to the President/CEO and St. Boniface Board as necessary
- Bachelor’s degree
- At least five years of fundraising experience, preferably in the field of international development
- Previous experience managing a donor database
- Proven track record of fundraising at previous positions
- Strong belief in the mission of the St. Boniface Haiti Foundation
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Very organized and has a high attention to detail
- Strong people management experience with previous positions in the field of development