Jobs and Internships
Chief Financial Officer
The St. Boniface Haiti Foundation (SBHF) is seeking a proven Chief Financial Officer to own all financial strategy and operations. As a key member of the executive team, based in Newton MA, this individual will report to SBHF’s CEO and contribute to the organization’s overall mission and vision. The foundation is dedicated to improve the life of the poor of Haiti by facilitating access to quality, affordable health care, educational opportunities and community development programs. After over thirty years of award-winning service in Haiti, SBHF is looking for a financial leader to drive the foundation’s $10M budget into a new period of growth and humanitarian outreach. Interested parties should send their resumes to: email@example.com
- Responsible for overseeing the full range of activity in the accounting and finance department, including accounting, budgeting, forecasting, reporting, tax, audit coordination, accounts payable / receivables, purchasing, payroll, cash management, insurance and investment portfolio.
- Evaluate the current accounting and finance department processes and procedures. Identify gaps and implement improvements in processes, internal controls and efficiencies.
- Present financial information to Board in a clear and concise manner.
- Oversee donor reporting and government grant accounting.
- Oversee company payroll and tax planning and filings (i.e. 990).
- Coordinate the preparation of Audited Financial Statement and ensure it is completed on time and efficiently.
- Oversee compliance examinations, including A-133.
- Ensure consolidated financial reporting and practices are in accordance with GAAP.
- Create external financial reporting package.
Financial Planning & Analysis and Systems:
- Evaluate, assess and advise on opportunities and ideas around new services offered by SBHF.
- Prepare budgets and financial forecasts, including monitoring and analyzing monthly operating results against budget.
- Prepare analysis, identify trends and provide the management team with visibility into the operations
- Create key business metrics and key performance indicators to help guide management and identify financial and operational opportunities for improvement.
- Evaluate, select and oversee accounting systems. Experienced at major system conversions and upgrades.
- Identify effective ways to scale business and leverage costs, making recommendations around when to invest.
- Review, structure and oversee contract process with vendors and clients.
- Develop a close working relationship with the CEO, management team and employees and act as officer leader when CEO is traveling.
- Build and scale a high performing finance and accounting team locally and on site in Haiti. This includes travel to Haiti every 6-8 weeks.
- Responsible for overseeing Human Resources and IT functions within the organization.
- Demonstrated history of being able to work collaboratively.
- Develop a reputation within the organization as a leader with a “can do” attitude who others want to partner with because of his/her demonstrated resourcefulness and problem solving skills.
- CPA and Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting.
- Previous experience in the health care field, nonprofit entity (including fund accounting) experience preferred.
- Previous experience at a Big Four accounting firm a plus.
- 10+ years of relevant experience as a controller or vice president of finance.
- Proven knowledge of accounting practices and financial controls.
- Prior experience building and supporting the financial processes of an operation with international locations.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office, Quicken, Quickbooks and current nonprofit accounting systems.
- Excellent understanding and application of US GAAP.
- Workable French, spoken and written, a plus.
Behavioral and Interpersonal Requirements:
- Strategic business partner who is hands-on.
- Self-starter, high energy, team player effective at multi-tasking and time management. Effective at leveraging own time and that of others.
- Ability to excel in fast-paced environment.
- Process-oriented with strength in redesigning or improving upon existing processes.
- Strong attention-to-detail, outstanding organizational skills, dedicated work ethic.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.