Please see below for open positions.
Position: Operations Manager
Reports to: President/CEO St. Boniface Haiti Foundation
Location: SBHF Office in Newton, MA with Bi-Monthly Haiti Travel
Overview: The operations manager will be responsible for creating a cost-effective supply chain for SBHF. We are looking for a dynamic, detail-oriented, and highly organized professional to work in our Newton office.
Supply Chain Management
• Responsible for the procurement of all equipment and supplies for the Foundation purchased or donated outside of Haiti
• Work with the teams in Haiti to plan and prioritize all equipment and supply purchases
• Maintain and develop vendor relationships and contacts purchases of medical equipment,
pharmaceuticals, medical supplies, etc.
• Supervise and train supply chain manager and team in Haiti
• Coordinate cost-effective shipping plan for all items sent to Haiti
• Manage the shipping and delivery process for all goods from the point of purchase to the point of delivery, including coordinating with Haiti team to ensure all items clear Haitian customs
• Coordinate, maintain, and cultivate relationships with donor organizations willing to provide necessary in-kind donations.
• Manage the procurement process to ensure all organization and funding source policies and procedures are followed and documented
• Work with SBHF finance team to ensure that all in-kind donations and expenses are properly tracked
• Maintain all maintenance service contracts for medical equipment and software in Haiti and renew them as needed.
• Communicate regularly with the teams in Haiti to understand the condition and maintenance repairs needed on equipment.
• Work with Trimedx and other equipment repair vendors and volunteers to ensure organization equipment is in good, running condition.
• As equipment breaks, find repair solutions or replacements as needed
This position may be assigned other duties by the President/CEO
• Bachelor’s degree
• Previous experience working in supply chain management
• Have the drive and desire to be a part of a non-profit organization working for the poor and vulnerable and be willing to help as needed
• Must be flexible and adaptable to an ever changing environment in a resource poor setting
• The ability to research and find solutions with little to no supervision
• Be extremely organized and have a high attention to detail
• Be able to multi-task
• Fluency in French is a plus
• Strong computer skills including experience with database management software
Applicants should send resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis, but accepted no later than July 15, 2015. Please note that while we appreciate every candidate’s interest, only qualified applicants will be contacted.